I understand how to make a list not show up on the mailing list overview
page by setting the privacy option-- Advertise this list to NO. However, I
do not understand why this causes the list to no longer show up on the Admin
Links page. As Site administrator, I want to easily see all the lists.

How can I make them all show on up the Admin Links page? If that is not
possible, how can I see a listing of all the lists? I cannot find an answer
in the FAQs.

Using ver 2.1.9

Phil

Philip Arcuni
Chairman, Information Technology Committee
United States Power Squadrons

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 18, 2006 at 8:34 pm

    Phil usps wrote:
    I understand how to make a list not show up on the mailing list overview
    page by setting the privacy option-- Advertise this list to NO. However, I
    do not understand why this causes the list to no longer show up on the Admin
    Links page. As Site administrator, I want to easily see all the lists.

    Since anyone (and any spambot) can visit the admin overview page, it is
    not effective to hide a list from the listinfo overview and continue
    to expose it on the admin overview.

    How can I make them all show on up the Admin Links page? If that is not
    possible, how can I see a listing of all the lists? I cannot find an answer
    in the FAQs.

    If you are willing to patch Mailman to do this, it is fairly simple to
    modify Mailman/Cgi/admin.py to skip the 'advertised' test.

    There is also the command line tool bin/list_lists.

    Also, you may be interested in the thread beginning at
    <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-October/046952.html>.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 18, '06 at 7:01p