I have been using mailman at my workplace for almost a year now, and it is
working very well for us.
The number of lists are already over 50 and still growing.

One of the features I would like is to index list the mail list names.
Right now, the lists are sorted alphabetically and users have to scroll over
screens to get to lists starting with say "H".
If there is a way to setup a A-Z index hortizontally above the List name -
Description, it would be great.

Any code hacks for this feature?

Thanks
\Tom

Search Discussions

  • Stephen at Oct 11, 2006 at 1:49 am
    Reply-To set to Mailman-Users.

    Tom Kavanaugh writes:
    If there is a way to setup a A-Z index hortizontally above the List name -
    Description, it would be great. >
    Any code hacks for this feature?
    This feature is already in the Member List page. Since Mailman is
    free software, reusing that code doesn't even count as stealing!<wink>

    Mailman Developers: Is the web code set up so that so that admins
    could fairly easily assemble these UI widgets into a page that suits
    their usage? Or would that be a major refactoring? Sorta like
    reimplementing Plone, I guess, but we really don't want to put "import
    plone" at the top!

    What I was thinking is that there could be a page generator pipeline,
    similar to the list processor. Of course the objects we want to
    generate pages from (member lists, moderation queues, etc) would have
    to grow appropriate interfaces -- sounds like work! but it would be
    way cool.
  • Brad Knowles at Oct 11, 2006 at 3:30 am

    Mailman Developers: Is the web code set up so that so that admins
    could fairly easily assemble these UI widgets into a page that suits
    their usage?
    Nope. It's all hard-coded.
    Or would that be a major refactoring? Sorta like
    reimplementing Plone, I guess, but we really don't want to put "import
    plone" at the top!
    Something like that, or maybe re-implementing Zope.
    What I was thinking is that there could be a page generator pipeline,
    similar to the list processor. Of course the objects we want to
    generate pages from (member lists, moderation queues, etc) would have
    to grow appropriate interfaces -- sounds like work! but it would be
    way cool.
    Yeah, way cool.

    We can't wait to see the code you're going to contribute to do this. ;)

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

    Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA. See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.
  • Tom Kavanaugh at Oct 11, 2006 at 3:56 am
    I am glad that the mailman developer community are aware of this feature.

    \Tom

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

    Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA. See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 10, '06 at 11:50p