Hello,

I am list administrator on a Mailman list. Users have asked me to
password protect the archives. I cannot find this option in my list
interface. This option does not seem to do anything:
s archive file source for public or private archival? * private

I am using version 2.1.7. Can someone tell me how to make the archives
only viewable by list subscribers?

-Doug

Search Discussions

  • Jim Popovitch at Oct 5, 2006 at 6:57 pm

    I am list administrator on a Mailman list. Users have asked me to
    password protect the archives. I cannot find this option in my list
    interface. This option does not seem to do anything:
    s archive file source for public or private archival? * private
    That option works for me and my lists.
    I am using version 2.1.7. Can someone tell me how to make the archives
    only viewable by list subscribers?
    I was using v2.1.7, now on v2.1.9, archive_private worked then and works
    now. What does your apache config look like, wrt your paths/redirects
    associated with the mailman archive directory structure?

    -Jim P.
  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 5, 2006 at 8:16 pm

    Douglas Denny wrote:
    I am list administrator on a Mailman list. Users have asked me to
    password protect the archives. I cannot find this option in my list
    interface. This option does not seem to do anything:
    s archive file source for public or private archival? * private

    This setting should do it. It should cause the
    archives/public/<listname> symlink to be removed so the 'pipermail'
    URL no longer works and access is through the private CGI only.

    If you 'tested' by visiting the archive immediately after changeing the
    option, you were already logged in as the admin so you didn't have to
    log in again.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 5, '06 at 6:49p