I am running mailman version 2.1.5.

Everything was functioning normally. I just received an incident
request stating that the Namazu search was not pulling all archives.

I looked in my NMZ.err file and am seeing the following messages:

/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/database/2006-Sep
tember-author
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/database/2006-Sep
tember-author is not a Pipermail message file! skipped.

/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/database/2006-Sep
tember-date
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/database/2006-Sep
tember-date is not a Pipermail message file! skipped.

/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/database/2006-Sep
tember-subject
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/database/2006-Sep
tember-subject is not a Pipermail message file! skipped.

/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/database/2006-Sep
tember-thread
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/database/2006-Sep
tember-thread is not a Pipermail message file! skipped.

/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/index.html
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/index.html is not
a Pipermail message file! skipped.

/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/pipermail.pck
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/pipermail.pck is
not a Pipermail message file! skipped.

I am not sure how to go about troubleshooting this issue. I looked for
the error message in the archives, but did not find it. Any help is
appreciated. Thank you.

Pati

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 21, 2006 at 4:00 pm

    Moss, Patricia wrote:
[...]

    First of all, neither Namazu nor the material in FAQ 4.8
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.008.htp>
    is a part of our Mailman distribution, so this post is somewhat off
    topic for this list.

    Second, I don't know anything about Namazu, so the following may be
    nonsense.

    That said, it seems to me that the above messages are normal
    occurrences and are not indicicative of a problem. It appears that
    Namazu is looking in the
    /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/documentumdevelopers/ directory for
    messages to index. Presumably it is finding and indexing all the
    yyyy-mmmmm/nnnnnn.html files which are the actual archived messages,
    and it is telling you that the 'table of contents' and various monthly
    index files and the pipermail.pck file that it also sees are not
    messages which is correct.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 21, '06 at 1:49p
activeSep 21, '06 at 4:00p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Moss, Patricia: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post