VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

1. When users go to http://lists.nhm.ac.uk, they will be able to view
the lists
2. mail from the lists will come from listname at nhm.ac.uk

Thanks

RB

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 1, 2006 at 4:25 pm

    Robert Bannocks wrote:
    I want to run mail man as part of the main name space, i.e.
    listnames at nhm.ac.uk, however the machine it runs on will be called
    someother.nhm.ac.uk, and
    the alias I want for the web front end will be lists.nhm.ac.uk. Am I
    correct in doing this by setting the following variables in
    ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py

    and that this will acheive the following

    DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'nhm.ac.uk'
    DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.nhm.ac.uk'
    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
    VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
    As long as this is followed by

    1. When users go to http://lists.nhm.ac.uk, they will be able to view
    the lists

    This will require appropriate configuration of your webserver.
    Normally, you would go to a URL like http://lists.nhm.ac.uk/mailman/.
    you want to access various Mailman CGIs as
    http://lists.nhm.ac.uk/mailman/admindb/listname, etc. then the above
    is OK and for Apache as an example, you would put something like the
    following in the lists.nhm.ac.uk section of httpd.conf

    ScriptAlias /mailman/ /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/
    Alias /pipermail/ /path/to/mailman/archives/public/
    RedirectMatch ^[/]+$ http://lists.nhm.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo

    If you don't want to use 'mailman' in the URLs at all, e.g., go to URLs
    like http://lists.nhm.ac.uk/admindb/listname, you need something like

    ScriptAlias / /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/
    Alias /pipermail/ /path/to/mailman/archives/public/
    RedirectMatch ^[/]+$ http://lists.nhm.ac.uk/listinfo

    And you need

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/'

    in mm_cfg.py.

    2. mail from the lists will come from listname at nhm.ac.uk
    Yes.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 1, '06 at 3:27p
activeSep 1, '06 at 4:25p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Robert Bannocks: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post