Hello again,

thanks for your help so far with the strange
unable-to-determine-caller's-group-id-thing. In fact I found out that
the problem was that the either qmail or mailman expected the GID of
user "popuser" to be 110. (it was 30). So I changed that by changing the
GID in /etc/group and /etc/passwd to 110 and by performing this

find / -gid 30 -print -exec chgrp 110 {} \; >gid30to110.log

so far so good. NOW I get at least no "deferral" but "success" delivery
message in my qmail log but with this error behind it:

delivery 890: success:
Failure_to_exec_script._WANTED_gid_12,_GOT_gid_110./Failed_to_start_/usr
/lib/mailman/mail/mailman./did_0+0+1/

:'-( (gid 12 == mail)

Since using a combination of Suse9.3, PLESK and a (obviously?) special
distribution of mailmnan that comes with this combination I'm not able
to compile this with those funky parameters like -with-mail-gid or
something.

What can I do? Thanks in advance - Regards Maxi

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 1, 2006 at 4:53 pm

    Heinrich, Maximilian wrote:
    so far so good. NOW I get at least no "deferral" but "success" delivery
    message in my qmail log but with this error behind it:

    delivery 890: success:
    Failure_to_exec_script._WANTED_gid_12,_GOT_gid_110./Failed_to_start_/usr
    /lib/mailman/mail/mailman./did_0+0+1/

    :'-( (gid 12 == mail)

    Since using a combination of Suse9.3, PLESK and a (obviously?) special
    distribution of mailmnan that comes with this combination I'm not able
    to compile this with those funky parameters like -with-mail-gid or
    something.

    What can I do?

    Contact the provider of your package (Suse, PLESK, ?). Some packagers
    arrange for the expected group or gid to be read from some file. This
    may be the case here.

    Or, perhaps you can arrange for qmail to execute the pipe as group
    'mail' instead of group 'popuser'.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 1, '06 at 2:53p