hi

i had some problems with one of my lists, when i sent a message to the list, it
didnt get delivered, because some incorrect member adresses.
the mails landed in /var/spool/mailman/out. now, that the problem is resolved,
how can i resend the messages from out?
i have fedora core 2, with mailman version 2.1.8.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 22, 2006 at 3:35 pm

    Imre Gergely wrote:
    i had some problems with one of my lists, when i sent a message to the list, it
    didnt get delivered, because some incorrect member adresses.
    the mails landed in /var/spool/mailman/out. now, that the problem is resolved,
    how can i resend the messages from out?
    i have fedora core 2, with mailman version 2.1.8.

    This is not really a Mailman question, but

    login as mailman
    run an MUA
    navigate to the 'out' folder

    At this point, you probably can't just resend the message to the final
    recipients because their addresses aren't in the message, so you
    probably have to 'bounce' or 'redirect' the messages back to the list
    to be sent to all list members.

    You could also edit /var/spool/mailman/out to make file1, ..., filen,
    each containing one message and then do either

    sendmail yourlist at example.com < filex

    for each file, or use Mailman's

    bin/inject -l yourlist filex

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 22, '06 at 6:06a
activeAug 22, '06 at 3:35p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Imre Gergely: 1 post