Hello

I have just installed Mailman 2.1.8 on an OpenSuSE 10.1 running on AMD64 system.

I made the installation through YAST and it comes directly from the DVD downloaded from OpenSuSE site.

The installation itself went quite easily and through the web interface I was able to make a new list and even got the email saying so.

But (isn't there always a BUT?) then the problems started. When I try to send email to the list the postfix gives the following problem:

< apps.rbm-toolbox.net #5.0.0 X-Postfix; Command died with status 1: "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post testplk-l">

In the mail log I also get a line:
fatal: execvp /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman: Operation not permitted

I have digged quite a lot of net and found out that others have had the same problem, but either there's no solution given or the solutions don't help.

Though this is a new installation, I have been running mailman on other servers and never earlier bumped into this kind of problem.

I will be providing more information if needed.

Looking for your help

Hannu Niemi

Search Discussions

  • Ralf Hildebrandt at Aug 10, 2006 at 5:48 pm

    * Niemi Hannu <Hannu.Niemi at kuntaliitto.fi>:
    Hello

    I have just installed Mailman 2.1.8 on an OpenSuSE 10.1 running on AMD64 system.

    I made the installation through YAST and it comes directly from the DVD downloaded from OpenSuSE site.

    The installation itself went quite easily and through the web interface I was able to make a new list and even got the email saying so.

    But (isn't there always a BUT?) then the problems started. When I try to send email to the list the postfix gives the following problem:

    < apps.rbm-toolbox.net #5.0.0 X-Postfix; Command died with status 1: "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post testplk-l">

    In the mail log I also get a line:
    fatal: execvp /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman: Operation not permitted
    Try disabling apparmor

    Ralf Hildebrandt (i.A. des IT-Zentrums) Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
    Charite - Universit?tsmedizin Berlin Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155
    Gemeinsame Einrichtung von FU- und HU-Berlin Fax. +49 (0)30-450 570-962
    IT-Zentrum Standort CBF send no mail to spamtrap at charite.de
  • Niemi Hannu at Aug 11, 2006 at 4:04 am

    < apps.rbm-toolbox.net #5.0.0 X-Postfix; Command died with status 1:
    "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post testplk-l">
    In the mail log I also get a line:
    fatal: execvp /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman: Operation not permitted
    Try disabling apparmor

    That did it :) Thank you very much Ralf

    Best regards

    Hannu Niemi
  • Niemi Hannu at Aug 11, 2006 at 4:58 am

    Try disabling apparmor
    That did it :) Thank you very much Ralf
    Well, now to think about it...any pointers how to change apparmor
    profiles to allow this functionality while apparmor is running? ;)

    Regards

    hannu

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 10, '06 at 5:01p
activeAug 11, '06 at 4:58a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Niemi Hannu: 3 posts Ralf Hildebrandt: 1 post