I want to be able to make all addresses that are put into the To: field when
a message is sent to the list into the Cc: field, so that when someone
replies to this particular message, all the other addresses do not get
replied to. I want to make it so they need to use Reply to All in order to
do this. Is there a setting for this, or will I need to modify code?

-Rob

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 3, 2006 at 1:16 am

    Rob Jackson wrote:
    I want to be able to make all addresses that are put into the To: field when
    a message is sent to the list into the Cc: field, so that when someone
    replies to this particular message, all the other addresses do not get
    replied to. I want to make it so they need to use Reply to All in order to
    do this. Is there a setting for this, or will I need to modify code?

    Two things:

    To answer your question, there is no setting. Doing this will require
    code modification.

    But, I don't think what you are trying to do will help. I think every
    MUA of which I am aware sends a 'reply' to only the Reply-To: or From:
    address with Reply-To: taking precedence over From: if Reply-To: is
    present. Only 'reply all' replies to addresses in To: or Cc:, so
    moving addresses fron To: to Cc: will not affect who gets a 'reply' or
    a 'reply all' except to the extent that it may affect whether they are
    addressed in To: or Cc: in the 'reply all'.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 2, '06 at 6:53p
activeAug 3, '06 at 1:16a