Question about welcome message options. If I have my welcome message
option under General Options turned off, it doesn't send out welcome
messages. Period. Even if I say to do so on the mass subscription
page. I thought the individual subscription options would override what
you have under general options, not the other way around. Is it
supposed to work like this or do I have a problem? I'm using mailman
2.1.8 on RHEL 4

--
Anne Ramey

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 24, 2006 at 3:03 pm

    Anne Ramey wrote:
    Question about welcome message options. If I have my welcome message
    option under General Options turned off, it doesn't send out welcome
    messages. Period. Even if I say to do so on the mass subscription
    page. I thought the individual subscription options would override what
    you have under general options, not the other way around. Is it
    supposed to work like this or do I have a problem? I'm using mailman
    2.1.8 on RHEL 4
    It's supposed to send the welcome if you check the box regardless of
    the list setting, but there is a bug. In this case, the mass subscribe
    process calls the SendSubscribeAck method in Deliverer.py to send the
    welcome, but SendSubscribeAck erroneously checks the list setting and
    doesn't send the welcome if the list setting is Off.

    This check needs to be removed from SendSubscribeAck. I'll fix it for
    the next release.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 24, '06 at 12:21p