hi

The configuration of our setup is

Mailman: 2.1.8
Processor: Xeon 3GHz dual processor
2GB RAM server with 80GB SATA
Fedora 5.x

When we post anything on a list that has about 360k email ids, python is
using 4GB of memory
[2 GB physical and 2 GB of virtual] and the process is taking a long time
[to send out emails]

How do I fine tune it?

--
B.G. Mahesh

Search Discussions

  • Carl Zwanzig at Jul 21, 2006 at 7:06 am

    B.G. Mahesh wrote:

    When we post anything on a list that has about 360k email ids, python is
    using 4GB of memory
    [2 GB physical and 2 GB of virtual] and the process is taking a long time
    [to send out emails]

    How do I fine tune it?
    You might start with FAQ 4.11 and possibly the appropriate part of
    section 6 for your MTA. See the footer for the URL.

    z!
  • BG Mahesh at Jul 24, 2006 at 4:59 pm
    We went back to Fedora 4.x and the memory is being flushed. It appears there
    is some problem with Fedora 5.x kernel :-(
    When we post anything on a list that has about 360k email ids, python is
    using 4GB of memory
    [2 GB physical and 2 GB of virtual] and the process is taking a long time
    [to send out emails]

    How do I fine tune it?

    --
    B.G. Mahesh