Hello,

I created the mailing list 'test' by using the web interface. As a
confirmation I get:
You have successfully created the mailing list test [...]
But after that it provides 2 buggy links without a slash:
^
http://lists.royal-bonn.de/cgi-bin/mailmanadmin/test
^

Earlier I have added
---->8----
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/
Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
---->8----
to /etc/apache/httpd.conf.

Why do the links omit the slash?

My second problem: When I invoke
http://lists.royal-bonn.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/test

and subscribe my email-address, I get the confirmation request.
Replying to it results in the following:
<test-request at lists.royal-bonn.de>: host
lists.royal-bonn.de[193.138.180.4]
said: 550 <test-request at lists.royal-bonn.de>: Recipient address
rejected:
User unknown in virtual mailbox table (in reply to RCPT TO
command)
My /etc/postfix/main.cf contains this:
owner_request_special = no
recipient_delimiter = +
virtual_mailbox_domains =
[...]
lists.royal-bonn.de
virtual_alias_maps =
hash:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps
hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
alias_maps =
hash:/etc/aliases
hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
alias_database =
hash:/etc/aliases
hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases

/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases contains:
[...]
test-request: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request test"
[...]

I invoked 'postalias /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases' and
'postfix reload'.

Why doesn't postfix accept a mail addressed to
test-request at lists.royal-bonn.de?

I read the specific parts of
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/
but it didn't help me.

I'm running Debian stable with apache 1.3.33, mailman 2.1.5 and
postfix 2.1.5.

TIA
Til

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 16, 2006 at 1:08 am

    Til Schubbe wrote:
    I created the mailing list 'test' by using the web interface. As a
    confirmation I get:
    You have successfully created the mailing list test [...]
    But after that it provides 2 buggy links without a slash:
    ^
    http://lists.royal-bonn.de/cgi-bin/mailmanadmin/test
    ^

    Earlier I have added
    ---->8----
    ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/
    Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
    ---->8----
    to /etc/apache/httpd.conf.

    Why do the links omit the slash?

    Bacause when you overrode DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN in mm_cfg.py with

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman'

    you ommitted the trailing slash. It should be

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman/'

    However, with the ScriptAlias that you have above, you don't want to
    change DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN at all. You want it to be the default of

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

    so your URLs will be like
    http://lists.royal-bonn.de/mailman/listinfo/test

[...]

    The only place you want 'hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases' is in
    alias_maps. See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>
    /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases contains:
    [...]
    test-request: "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request test"
    [...]

    I invoked 'postalias /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases' and
    'postfix reload'.

    Why doesn't postfix accept a mail addressed to
    test-request at lists.royal-bonn.de?

    I read the specific parts of
    http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/
    but it didn't help me.

    Well, it specifically says NOT to put the path to your mailman aliases
    in your alias_database variable. Also, unless you are using Postfix
    virtual domains, you dont want any Mailman stuff in virtual_maps either

    If you are using Postfix virtual domains, the thing you want in
    virtual_maps is the path to Mailman's 'virtual-mailman' file.

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 16, 2006 at 1:13 am

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    Bacause when you overrode DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN in mm_cfg.py with

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman'

    you ommitted the trailing slash. It should be

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman/'

    However, with the ScriptAlias that you have above, you don't want to
    change DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN at all. You want it to be the default of

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

    so your URLs will be like
    http://lists.royal-bonn.de/mailman/listinfo/test

    Also, after changing or removing DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN in mm_cfg.py, you
    will have to run fix_url to fix any existing lists. See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.069.htp>.

  • Til Schubbe at Jul 16, 2006 at 5:51 pm

    * On 15.07. Mark Sapiro (msapiro at value.net) muttered:

    Til Schubbe wrote:
    Why do the links omit the slash?
    Bacause when you overrode DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN in mm_cfg.py with

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman'
    Yes, you're right.
    The only place you want 'hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases' is in
    alias_maps. See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>
    The first time I did it, it didn't work. Don't know what went wrong.
    Now it works.
    If you are using Postfix virtual domains, the thing you want in
    virtual_maps is the path to Mailman's 'virtual-mailman' file.
    That's it.

    Thanks a lot!

    Regards
    Til

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 16, '06 at 12:23a
activeJul 16, '06 at 5:51p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Til Schubbe: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 2 posts