* Add another list's address into accept_these_listsenders
(including @mailman.ucalgary.ca, one address per line)
* Press the Submit Your Changes button when finished

But I don't see 'accept_these_listsenders' on any of my Board at blahblah.com
administrative pages.

How do I do this?

Stats:

Mailman: 2.1.8

OS: Fedora Core 4 (kernel-2.6.17-1.2141_FC4)

Apache: 2.0

Thanks!!!

Jon

Search Discussions

  • Matthew Clarkson at Jul 10, 2006 at 6:11 pm
    On Jul 10, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Jon D. Slater wrote:

    I would like to be able to allow anyone on the 'Members' list to
    send e-mail
    to the 'Board' with out having to add each member to the board list.
    Hi Jon, I don't believe there is a straight forward way to do this
    (maybe someone can correct me though).
    One way I can think of for doing this is creating a script, which
    would run as a cronjob to add any members in your Members list to the
    accept_these_nonmembers field of your Board list, this would however
    have to be done through the wishlist command.
    I have an announce script, which could be modified to do this fairly
    easily to do what you wish located at http://www.netera.ca/

    Let me know if you need a hand with modifying it if you would like to
    go this route, it shouldn't be too difficult.

    --
    Matthew Clarkson
    Netera Alliance.

    This particular feature might be useful if you manage multiple
    lists,
    but would like common
    senders among them all without needing to update each one when
    a new
    subscriber is added.

    To do this, log into the list's administrative interface:

    * Go to Privacy options
    * Go to Sender filters
    * Add another list's address into accept_these_listsenders
    (including @mailman.ucalgary.ca, one address per line)
    * Press the Submit Your Changes button when finished

    But I don't see 'accept_these_listsenders' on any of my

    40python.org/
    Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/
    matt%40mail.netera.ca

    Security Policy: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?
    req=show&file=faq01.027.htp
  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 10, 2006 at 6:17 pm

    Jon D. Slater wrote:
    I found this clue:

    Where?

    But I don't see 'accept_these_listsenders' on any of my Board at blahblah.com
    administrative pages.

    I think the above is referring to some locally modified Mailman (at
    ucalgary.ca ?).

    See
    <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?funcÞtail&aid20144&group_id3&atid00103>
    for another way to do this. This patch implements the ability to, in
    your case, add @members to the board list's accept_these_nonmembers to
    allow any member of the members list to post to the board list.

  • Jon D. Slater at Jul 10, 2006 at 6:21 pm

    Board at blahblah.com
    administrative pages.

    I think the above is referring to some locally modified Mailman (at
    ucalgary.ca ?).

    See
    <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?funcÞtail&aid20144&group_id
    3&atid00103>
    for another way to do this. This patch implements the ability to, in
    your case, add @members to the board list's accept_these_nonmembers to
    allow any member of the members list to post to the board list.

  • Jon D. Slater at Jul 13, 2006 at 12:02 am
    Just curious... Do you know if this patch still checks the 'mod' bit for
    entries in the accept_these_non_members?

    Board at blahblah.com
    administrative pages.

    I think the above is referring to some locally modified Mailman (at
    ucalgary.ca ?).

    See
    <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?funcÞtail&aid20144&group_id
    3&atid00103>
    for another way to do this. This patch implements the ability to, in
    your case, add @members to the board list's accept_these_nonmembers to
    allow any member of the members list to post to the board list.

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 13, 2006 at 12:49 am
    Jon D. Slater wrote (referring to
    <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?funcÞtail&aid20144&group_id3&atid00103>):

    Just curious... Do you know if this patch still checks the 'mod' bit for
    entries in the accept_these_non_members?

    It does not. It only checks if the non-member address is a member of
    the other list and if so, it is the same as if the actual address were
    in accept_these_nonmembers.

  • Jon D. Slater at Jul 20, 2006 at 3:58 am
    Okay... Next hitch...

    I installed the patch, and tested it (by trying to send an e-mail to the
    group from an e-mail that I knew wasn't in the group). It was rejected (as
    expected).

    I just had an e-mail get through from a non-member!

    The e-mail is from: "Bernardo Spicer" <BernardoSpicer at 1000000000.com>

    Who is definitely *not* on any of my lists.

    The group sender filter is set to 'Reject' postings from non-members for
    which no explicit action is defined.

    But, I was still notified. Here's the full header of the message that
    requested approval: