Is there a fix for this.

Thanks in advance

Michael Barnard
michael at acrobat-technology.com

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 7, 2006 at 6:20 pm

    Michael Barnard wrote:
    We are using Mailman 2.1.5 on RaQ550 Kernel 2.4.19C12_V-1.

    When we mail the list with an attached zip file the extension is changed to bin in the list archive.
    The list members receive a zip file with the correct extension.

    In Mailman 2.1.5, if the attachment has a filename with an extension
    and if the extension is one of the extensions that maps to the
    the filename extension is used. Otherwise, the extension is 'guessed'
    from the Content-Type. This should result in an extension of '.zip'
    for a content type of 'application/x-zip-compressed', but it may not
    depending on your Python version.

    In Mailman 2.1.6, a new mm_cfg.py setting
    SCRUBBER_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME_EXTENSION was added to force using
    the filename extension if any.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 7, '06 at 11:23a
activeJul 7, '06 at 6:20p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Michael Barnard: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post