Hi all,

First posting here....

I have a mailman (2.1.8) running on a Debian (testing - etch) box.

Unfortunately I am encountering problems with sending HTML email to the
mailing lists. Mailman seems to alter the email message and add the
original HTML email as an attachment.

I dont want mailman to do that! But I can't seem to find how and where
mailman does this.

I have content filtering switched off and the option 'convert text/html to
text/plain' has been switched off as well.

Can you point me to some directions where I can disable this 'feature'?

Many thanks!

Brenno.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 6, 2006 at 2:38 pm

    brenno at webspees.nl wrote:
    Unfortunately I am encountering problems with sending HTML email to the
    mailing lists. Mailman seems to alter the email message and add the
    original HTML email as an attachment.

    I have content filtering switched off and the option 'convert text/html to
    text/plain' has been switched off as well.
    Remove the message header and footer (msg_header and msg_footer on the
    admin Non-digest options page. See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>.

  • Brenno at Jul 7, 2006 at 9:22 am

    --
    Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> The highway is for gamblers, San
    Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan

    Unfortunately this didn't help. I already configured in my mm_cfg.py to
    remove the footer.

    I've added my mm_cfg.py information at the bottom of this email.
    Thanks for your help.

    Brenno.

    === mm_cfg.py config ===

    # -*- python -*-

    # Copyright (C) 1998,1999,2000 by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    #
    # This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    # modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
    # as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
    # of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
    #
    # MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
    #
    # along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
    # Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307,
    USA.

    """This is the module which takes your site-specific settings.
    From a raw distribution it should be copied to mm_cfg.py. If you
    already have an mm_cfg.py, be careful to add in only the new settings
    you want. The complete set of distributed defaults, with annotation,
    are in ./Defaults. In mm_cfg, override only those you want to
    change, after the

    from Defaults import *

    line (see below).

    Note that these are just default settings - many can be overridden via
    the
    admin and user interfaces on a per-list or per-user basis.

    Note also that some of the settings are resolved against the active list
    setting by using the value as a format string against the
    list-instance-object's dictionary - see the distributed value of
    DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER for an example."""

    # Here's where we get the distributed defaults. #

    from Defaults import *

    # Put YOUR site-specific configuration below, in mm_cfg.py . #
    # See Defaults.py for explanations of the values. #

    #-------------------------------------------------------------
    # The name of the list Mailman uses to send password reminders
    # and similar. Don't change if you want mailman-owner to be
    # a valid local part.
    MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'mailman'

    #-------------------------------------------------------------
    # If you change these, you have to configure your http server
    # accordingly (Alias and ScriptAlias directives in most httpds)
    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/generic/debuf9/cgi-bin/mailman/'
    PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/cgi-bin/mailman/private'
    IMAGE_LOGOS = '/images/mailman/'

    #-------------------------------------------------------------
    # Default domain for email addresses of newly created MLs
    DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.eu.bt.net'
    #-------------------------------------------------------------
    # Default host for web interface of newly created MLs
    DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'ncca-intra.eu.bt.net'
    #-------------------------------------------------------------
    # Required when setting any of its arguments.

    #-------------------------------------------------------------
    # The default language for this server.
    DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'en'

    #-------------------------------------------------------------
    # Iirc this was used in pre 2.1, leave it for now
    USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = 0 # Still used?

    #-------------------------------------------------------------
    # Unset send_reminders on newly created lists
    DEFAULT_SEND_REMINDERS = 1

    #-------------------------------------------------------------
    # Uncomment this if you configured your MTA such that it
    # automatically recognizes newly created lists.
    # (see /usr/share/doc/mailman/README.{EXIM,...})
    # MTA=None # Misnomer, suppresses alias output on newlist

    #-------------------------------------------------------------
    # Uncomment if you use Postfix virtual domains, but be sure to
    # read /usr/share/doc/mailman/README.POSTFIX first.
    # MTA='Postfix'

    # Note - if you're looking for something that is imported from mm_cfg,
    but you
    # didn't find it above, it's probably in
    /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py.

    #
    # Custom archiving settings
    #

    DEFAULT_ARCHIVE = On
    DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_PRIVATE = 1
    ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 0
    DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_VOLUME_FREQUENCY = 4
    ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER = 3

    #
    # Custom delivery settings
    #

    #
    # Custom general settings
    #

    USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = Yes

    ADMIN_CATEGORIES = [
    # First column
    'general', 'passwords', 'language', 'members',
    # Second column
    'privacy', 'archive',
    ]

    #
    # Custom list settings
    #

    DEFAULT_LIST_ADVERTISED = No
    DEFAULT_MAX_NUM_RECIPIENTS = 1000
    DEFAULT_MAX_MESSAGE_SIZE = 10000000 # KB

    DEFAULT_MSG_HEADER = " "
    DEFAULT_MSG_FOOTER = """ """

    DEFAULT_ADMIN_NOTIFY_MCHANGES = Yes
    DEFAULT_DEFAULT_MEMBER_MODERATION = No
    DEFAULT_GENERIC_NONMEMBER_ACTION = 0
    DEFAULT_REQUIRE_EXPLICIT_DESTINATION = No
    DEFAULT_PRIVATE_ROSTER = 2
    DEFAULT_OBSCURE_ADDRESSES = No
    ALLOW_RFC2369_OVERRIDES = No
    DEFAULT_FILTER_CONTENT = No
    DEFAULT_CONVERT_HTML_TO_PLAINTEXT = No
    DEFAULT_FILTER_ACTION = 3

    DEFAULT_PASS_MIME_TYPES = ['multipart/mixed',
    'multipart/alternative',
    'text/html',
    'text/plain']

    #
    # Custom digestification defaults
    #

    DEFAULT_DIGESTABLE = No

    #
    # Custom time limits
    #

    PENDING_REQUEST_LIFE = days(10)
  • Richard Gruver at Jul 11, 2006 at 9:12 pm
    What do I do if I forgot the admin. password?

    -Richard Gruver
  • Patrick Bogen at Jul 11, 2006 at 9:45 pm