How are the mailing list emails stored in Mailman are they stored in a text
file or in a database? How can I look at it from the command line? We have
to migrate all our mailing lists from Majordomo to Mailman. I was thinking
to create new mailing list and then copy/paste all the member email
addresses from majordomo to Mailman if it is a text file. Could you please
advice me on this. I would really appreciate your help

Thank you.

UR.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 26, 2006 at 4:48 pm

    Uthra Rao wrote:
    How are the mailing list emails stored in Mailman are they stored in a text
    file or in a database?

    If you don't have a custom member adaptor, they are stored as part of
    the Python pickle that stores all the list information -
    lists/listname/config.pck

    How can I look at it from the command line? We have
    to migrate all our mailing lists from Majordomo to Mailman. I was thinking
    to create new mailing list and then copy/paste all the member email
    addresses from majordomo to Mailman if it is a text file. Could you please
    advice me on this. I would really appreciate your help

    Use the admin Membership Management...->Mass Subscription interface to
    upload (or paste) a plain text file. See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.044.htp>
    for formats - one name<address> per line.

  • Uthra Rao at Jun 26, 2006 at 5:50 pm
    Mark,

    Thank you very much for your help. It is good to know that I can use the

    UR.

    How are the mailing list emails stored in Mailman are they stored in a text
    file or in a database?

    If you don't have a custom member adaptor, they are stored as part of
    the Python pickle that stores all the list information -
    lists/listname/config.pck

    How can I look at it from the command line? We have
    to migrate all our mailing lists from Majordomo to Mailman. I was thinking
    to create new mailing list and then copy/paste all the member email
    addresses from majordomo to Mailman if it is a text file. Could you please
    advice me on this. I would really appreciate your help

    Use the admin Membership Management...->Mass Subscription interface to
    upload (or paste) a plain text file. See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.044.htp>
    for formats - one name<address> per line.

    Unsubscribe:
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/urao%40pop200.gsfc.nasa.gov

    Security Policy:
  • Patrick Bogen at Jun 26, 2006 at 4:50 pm

    How are the mailing list emails stored in Mailman are they stored in a text
    file or in a database? How can I look at it from the command line? We have
    to migrate all our mailing lists from Majordomo to Mailman. I was thinking
    to create new mailing list and then copy/paste all the member email
    addresses from majordomo to Mailman if it is a text file. Could you please
    advice me on this. I would really appreciate your help
    In the Admin screens of the Mailman web interface, there's a 'mass
    subscribe' box you can use for this.

    --
    - Patrick Bogen

groupmailman-users @