Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:41:27 -0400
From: My Name <myname at domain.com>
To: Agoranet at testbox.agora-net.com
Subject: test 6/20

text

Search Discussions

  • Ryan Steele at Jun 20, 2006 at 5:14 pm
    Here's the Exim logs, in case it helps anybody...

    2006-06-20 13:06:59 no IP address found for host
    testclient.101.168.192.in-addr.arpa (during SMTP connection from
    ([192.168.101.14]) [192.168.101.14])
    2006-06-20 13:06:59 1Fsjgp-0000at-Eg <= xxxx at xxxxxx.com
    H=([192.168.101.14]) [192.168.101.14] P=esmtpsa
    X=TLS-1.0:DHE_RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA:32 A=auth_plain:steele SW4
    idD982C65.6050101 at xxxxxx.com
    2006-06-20 13:06:59 1Fsjgp-0000at-Eg => |/home/mailman/mail/mailman post
    agoranet <list at testbox.xxxxxxx.com> R=virtual T­dress_pipe
    2006-06-20 13:06:59 1Fsjgp-0000at-Eg Completed

    Thanks,
    Ryan

    Ryan Steele wrote:
    List,

    I successfully figured most of my problems out. However, due to certain
    requirements, I've had to change my Mailman setup. Instead of editing
    the Exim4 configuration file to include the router and transport
    stanzas, I simply put the aliases in the domain's alias file. Here's my
    problem though: Mail appears to be routed properly, but never arrives.
    I was pretty sure the problem isn't with Exim (I ran it in debug mode in
    the foreground just to be sure), so I decided to create a little test.
    I created a text file with some legitimate headers and executed this:
    "cat testing-mailman.message |/home/mailman/mail/mailman post
    listname". No output was generated to stderr or stdout, and the message
    never got there. The admin interface confirms that the list is okay and
    happily gives me the members. Shown below is the little test file. Any
    suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Ryan

    Here's the test file:

    testbox:/home/user1# cat testing-mailman.message
  • Patrick Bogen at Jun 20, 2006 at 8:45 pm

    "cat testing-mailman.message |/home/mailman/mail/mailman post
    listname". No output was generated to stderr or stdout, and the message
    never got there. The admin interface confirms that the list is okay and
    happily gives me the members. Shown below is the little test file. Any
    suggestions?
    I don't believe the mailman handlers generate console output, in any
    case. Can you check your mailman logs? Specifically, error and vette.
    But check all of them. On my system, they're in /var/log/mailman/.

    --
    - Patrick Bogen
  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 20, 2006 at 11:19 pm

    Patrick Bogen wrote:
    "cat testing-mailman.message |/home/mailman/mail/mailman post
    listname". No output was generated to stderr or stdout, and the message
    never got there. The admin interface confirms that the list is okay and
    happily gives me the members. Shown below is the little test file. Any
    suggestions?
    I don't believe the mailman handlers generate console output, in any
    case. Can you check your mailman logs? Specifically, error and vette.
    But check all of them. On my system, they're in /var/log/mailman/.

    Actually, the wrappers do generate output if they fail. The lack of any
    output from the command indicates a very, very high probability (I
    hesitate to say certainty, but it's close) that the message was queued
    in qfiles/in/. If nothing further happened, perhaps Mailman (or at
    least IncomingRunner) isn't running (bin/mailmanctl start).

    See
    <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython