I had problems getting the cronjobs to work until I found something that looks like an error in the docs to me.
It says do "% crontab -u mailman crontab.in" to set up your cronjobs. But the crontab.in file includes cron commands like:
0 8 * * * mailman /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs

So it results in the error msg (email):
Subject: [Mailman Site List] Cron <mailman at grey> mailman /usr/lib/mailman/cron/gate_news
Body: /bin/sh: mailman: command not found

I fixed that my removing "mailman" from all commands in crontab.in. E.g.:
0 8 * * * /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs

Ideal f?r Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 8, 2006 at 5:25 pm

    wolfgang pauli wrote:
    I had problems getting the cronjobs to work until I found something that looks like an error in the docs to me.
    It says do "% crontab -u mailman crontab.in" to set up your cronjobs. But the crontab.in file includes cron commands like:
    0 8 * * * mailman /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs

    So it results in the error msg (email):
    Body: /bin/sh: mailman: command not found

    I fixed that my removing "mailman" from all commands in crontab.in. E.g.:
    0 8 * * * /usr/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs

    You are dealing with someone's package and your issue is with the
    packager, not with Mailman's documentation.

    The standard GNU Mailman distribution crontab.in is intended to be
    installed as you describe which puts it in /var/spool/cron/mailman and
    it does NOT contain the extra 'mailman user' field because it is
    always run as the user that installed it.

    The crontab.in you have with the mailman user field is intended by the
    packager who created it to be installed in /etc/cron.d/ as perhaps
    /etc/cron.d/mailman. In this location it needs the user field to
    specify the user to run as.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 8, '06 at 5:01p
activeJun 8, '06 at 5:25p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Wolfgang pauli: 1 post