Below is the beginning of the original Mail including headers.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Roland

Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 06:30:41 -0700 (PDT)

--==============51753693=Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=Apple-Mail-1-691538562

--Apple-Mail-1-691538562
delsp=yes;
format=flowed

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 26, 2006 at 4:36 pm

    Roland Studer wrote:
    Suddenly postings on our Mailman (2.1.5) list are missing headers, the
    mails sometimes arrive without any Information about the sender or the
    subject. The headers From and Reply-to and Subject are missing.

    "Sometimes"? Not always?

    In addition I wanted to send a HTML-Email with an attachment: It
    wasn't displayed correctly, the display of the mail began with the
    following.

    --==============51753693=>Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=Apple-Mail-1-691538562

    What could cause this, what can I do about it?

    This is due to the fact that the main "Content-Type: multipart/mixed"
    header is missing along with the From:, etc.

    Does this happen only with a certain poster or posters, at random or
    always? I don't know how it could be Mailman. I suspect some issue
    with the incoming message.

  • Mark Sapiro at May 26, 2006 at 5:10 pm

    Roland Studer wrote:
    Itis really strange, actually sometimes I got the posting with correct
    headers, while others got the very same posting without those headers.

    In that case, this almost certainly has to be something occurring after
    Mailman has sent the message to the outgoing MTA, either in the
    outgoing MTA or further out in the delivery.

    I don't see how it could be a Mailman problem.

    Now
    this time I got the mail without headers, I haven't heard yet, if others got
    it the right way.

    So it's only happening for a part of the subscribers and not always for the
    same ones. This is really puzzling.

    Yes it is.

    All I can suggest is to look at the Received: headers of the posts and
    try to determine if there is something involved in delivery of only
    the 'bad' posts.

  • John W. Baxter at May 26, 2006 at 5:13 pm

    Suddenly postings on our Mailman (2.1.5) list are missing headers, the
    mails sometimes arrive without any Information about the sender or the
    subject. The headers From and Reply-to and Subject are missing.

    In addition I wanted to send a HTML-Email with an attachment: It
    wasn't displayed correctly, the display of the mail began with the
    following.

    --==============51753693=> Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=Apple-Mail-1-691538562

    What could cause this, what can I do about it?

    My best guess is that the outgoing mail processing at devzone.ch has gone
    insane, based on what arrived at GMail.

    --John

groupmailman-users @