that can then be massaged and used as the upload for a new list?

--
Best regards,
David mailto:dma at pern.co.uk

Search Discussions

  • Tom Wolfe at May 26, 2006 at 5:05 pm
    1. Mass subscription format:

    "Real Name" <email at address.com>
    "Real2 Name2" <email2 at address2.com>
    ...etc
    has worked for me. "Real Name" is optional, you can just put email
    addresses on each line, e.g.

    email at address.com
    email2 at address2.com
    ...etc

    2. You can use email commands to retrieve the list of members by doing

    To: listname-request at domain.com
    From: (a subscriber's email address, pref. admin)
    Subject: who password [address=<address>]
    From the help:
    who password [address=<address>]
    See everyone who is on this mailing list. The roster is limited to list
    members only, and you must supply your membership password to retrieve it.
    If you're posting from an address other than your membership address,
    specify your membership address with `address=<address>' (no brackets
    around the email address, and no quotes!)

    You should be able to manipulate the reply easily enough to create a good
    text file for uploading to mailman.

    Regards,
    Tom Wolfe