I set "bounce processing" to "on" so that mailman will disable email
accounts if they receive just once bounce. However, mailman is not
disabling the accounts! Here are the logs from /var/log/mailman/ to show
that it DOES "know" about the mail bounce:
May 25 11:58:09 2006 (2184) <BounceRunner at -1211098548> processing 1
queued bounces
May 25 11:58:09 2006 (2184) isolation-list: john2 at tripperjones.com
bounce score: 1.0
May 25 11:58:09 2006 (2184) sending isolation-list list probe to:
john2 at tripperjones.com (score 1.0 >= 0.9)

But shouldn't it automatically disable the account? And should it tell
me, the administrator of the bounce? I set all the notifications
message options to "yes". Also, the settings I set in bounce processing
seem to be correct:
* Should Mailman perform automatic bounce processing? -> yes
* The maximum member bounce score before the member's subscription is
disabled -> .9
* The number of days after which a member's bounce information is
discarded, if no new bounces have been received in the interim -> 7
* How many Your Membership Is Disabled warnings a disabled member should
get -> 0
* The number of days between sending the Your Membership Is Disabled
warnings -> 7

The settings seem allright to me, but I see no change in the "Membership
list" section. I checked google, the maillists, and the FAQs, but I
cannot find the answer to this one, so I'm hoping someone in
maillist-land can help me.

- Steve

Search Discussions

  • Patrick Bogen at May 25, 2006 at 10:25 pm

    May 25 11:58:09 2006 (2184) isolation-list: john2 at tripperjones.com
    bounce score: 1.0
    May 25 11:58:09 2006 (2184) sending isolation-list list probe to:
    john2 at tripperjones.com (score 1.0 >= 0.9)
    This indicates that mailman has sent a probe. IF the probe bounces, as
    well, then the user should be disabled.
    But shouldn't it automatically disable the account? And should it tell
    me, the administrator of the bounce? I set all the notifications
    message options to "yes". Also, the settings I set in bounce processing
    I don't know about the notifications, sorry.

    --
    - Patrick Bogen
  • Mark Sapiro at May 26, 2006 at 5:13 am