Today I created several email lists. On all of them, when I send a
message to the list (which I am subscribed to) I get the message with
the correct "To:" and "From:" headers, but the "Sender;" header is set
to listname-bounces at mydomain.com. For example if the list is
mylist at mydomain.com, "Sender:" on any received messages is set to:
mylist-bounces at mydomain,com. The message body is correct and To and
From are correct.

How can I correct this.

Many thanks.
--
Thanks.
Everett Johnson

Search Discussions

  • Dragon at May 23, 2006 at 2:50 am
    Everett Johnson sent the message below at 19:07 5/22/2006:
    Today I created several email lists. On all of them, when I send a
    message to the list (which I am subscribed to) I get the message with
    the correct "To:" and "From:" headers, but the "Sender;" header is set
    to listname-bounces at mydomain.com. For example if the list is
    mylist at mydomain.com, "Sender:" on any received messages is set to:
    mylist-bounces at mydomain,com. The message body is correct and To and
    From are correct.

    How can I correct this.

    That is the normal default behavior for Mailman.

    What it means is that Mailman has sent the mail to the list on behalf
    of the person posting.

    I'm not sure why you consider this a problem, Mailman is not the only
    application that manipulates this header, there are other mailing
    list managers and MUAs that do it also.

    Dragon

  • Everett Johnson at May 23, 2006 at 2:53 am
    Why is it normal for a bounce processor to be the sender when there are
    no bounces? This confuses some list members.

    Dragon wrote:
    Everett Johnson sent the message below at 19:07 5/22/2006:
    Today I created several email lists. On all of them, when I send a
    message to the list (which I am subscribed to) I get the message with
    the correct "To:" and "From:" headers, but the "Sender;" header is set
    to listname-bounces at mydomain.com. For example if the list is
    mylist at mydomain.com, "Sender:" on any received messages is set to:
    mylist-bounces at mydomain,com. The message body is correct and To and
    From are correct.

[...]

  • Glenn Sieb at May 23, 2006 at 2:57 am