tks in advance

--
Fabiano de Carvalho Breves
fabiano.breves at gmail.com

Search Discussions

  • Todd Zullinger at May 17, 2006 at 8:00 pm

    Fabiano Breves wrote:
    I need a tip about securing a announce-list. I've setup every user
    to be moderated and set just one non-member e-mail address to post
    without moderation but It feels quite insecure. Is there a way to
    make this e-mail address to use a password ???
    Yes. You can add Approved: <list admin or moderator password> as a
    header or as the first line in the message. Mailman will check for
    that and allow the post through even if the address is moderated. The
    Approved line will be stripped. If you search the FAQ and list
    archives for Approved:, you will find some examples and more
    discussion.

    - --
    Todd OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xD654075A | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
    Chemistry is applied theology.
    -- Augustus Owsley Stanley
  • Peter C.S. Adams at May 17, 2006 at 8:10 pm
    After many months of faithful service, Mailman is hiccupping on my server. I
    say "hiccup" because it only seems to be affecting one list. Each day, I get
    an error on the senddigest cron job, and no mail gets posted to the list.
    Following is the error. I am running Mailman 2.1.2. Any ideas? (My apologies
    if this has come up before.)

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
    main()
    File "/usr/share/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 86, in main
    mlist.send_digest_now()
    File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60, in send_digest_now
    ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
    File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 130, in
    send_digests
    send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
    File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 303, in
    send_i18n_digests
    msg = scrubber(mlist, msg)
    File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 232, in
    process
    url = save_attachment(mlist, part, dir)
    File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 348, in
    save_attachment
    fnext = os.path.splitext(msg.get_filename(''))[1]
    File
    "/BinaryCache/mailman/mailman-105.1.root~2/usr/share/mailman/pythonlib/email
    /Message.py", line 707, in get_filename
    TypeError: unicode() argument 2 must be string, not None

    --
    Peter C.S. Adams (617) 287-7118
    Director of Information and Communication Technologies

    Peter C.S. Adams wrote:
[...]

    The lists/<listname>/digest.mbox file for the affected list contains a
    malformed message from which an attempt to extract the attachment
    filename throws the exception.

    You have to either edit the digest.mbox file and 'fix' the problem
    message or delete it, or move the file aside to resume digest
    processing for the list.

  • Peter C.S. Adams at May 18, 2006 at 2:46 pm

    Thus spake Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>, circa 5/17/2006 6:50 PM:
    The lists/<listname>/digest.mbox file for the affected list contains a
    malformed message from which an attempt to extract the attachment
    filename throws the exception.
    Many thanks to Mark for the help, and for fixing the subject line in my
    message to the list. Mea culpa!

    If anyone is interested, the first message in the file digest.mbox contained
    a malformed filename line. Instead of name="xxx" it read name*0="xxx". Once
    I removed the *0 I was able to generate a digest and mail started flowing
    again.

    peter
  • Fabiano Breves at May 18, 2006 at 6:13 pm
    Thanks Todd,

    I tested the method of using the first line with Approved: password. I would
    like to know how can I use the Header way. I don't know how insert it on the
    header of the message...

    []s