(New to Mailman, impressed so far.)

Is there a Roadmap for future mailman releases?

The current version seems to be 2.1.8 . However I've seen talk in archives
about a 2.2.x and a "Mailman 3". I've found the "Mailman-3-dev" archives
but that seems to have been dormant for nearly a year (since July 2005).

Although we are new (two weeks) to Mailman, we have a few queries about
things we cannot find in 2.1.x. A Roadmap would show us (and other
potential site-admins) what features might already be under consideration.

For the record, our list (so far!) is:
o "approval: <password>": option for per-sender rather than per-list
(see email earlier today);
o true virtual hosting: same listname @ many domains;
o "corporate branding" of Mailman pages.

We could dabble in the possibility of contributing code to some of these.
But any such work would need to be on something reasonably active with a
realistic release schedule (we once, many years back, began doing things
in Majordomo-2 only for that to stall and stall...).

--

: David Lee I.T. Service :
: Senior Systems Programmer Computer Centre :

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at May 15, 2006 at 3:37 pm