hi all...

from a recent post (02.06):
If the bounce runner is
stopped or restarted when there is an outstanding file, the file can
be orphaned and the bounces lost.
please somebody clarify "outstanding file". how would i know which one is
outstanding?

can there be more than one bounce-events-*.pck file that is active at a
time and is it safe to delete files that have older dates than the most
recent one even if it's not 'from today'?....

thanks....

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 13, 2006 at 4:40 am

    kalin mintchev wrote:
    from a recent post (02.06):
    If the bounce runner is
    stopped or restarted when there is an outstanding file, the file can
    be orphaned and the bounces lost.
    please somebody clarify "outstanding file". how would i know which one is
    outstanding?

    I think I wrote that. By 'outstanding', I meant one that is currently
    active.

    can there be more than one bounce-events-*.pck file that is active at a
    time and is it safe to delete files that have older dates than the most
    recent one even if it's not 'from today'?....

    Yes, there can be more than one, but only if you have multiple
    BounceRunners processing 'slices' of the bounce queue. If you have
    default settings for the BounceRunner entry in the QRUNNERS list and
    for REGISTER_BOUNCES_EVERY (i.e. you haven't changed these in
    mm_cfg.py), then there can be at most one active bounce-events-*.pck,
    and it will be less than 15 minutes old.

    Note also that the * in bounce-events-*.pck is the pid of the
    BounceRunner it belongs to so if that number is not the pid of a
    currently running BounceRunner process, the file is dead.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 13, '06 at 3:49a
activeMay 13, '06 at 4:40a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Kalin mintchev: 1 post