I have one application where I am using mailman

users confirm on my application that they want to subscribe to the list.

Then, I subscribe them sending one email to mailman from my application (php).

The problem is that later I have to go to the mailman admin page and accept them

can?t it be automatically? I?d like them to be accepted directly

some years ago, I used Majordomo, I think I could subscribe users
sending an email with one password, and that was all

any idea?

thanks for your time

Search Discussions

  • Patrick Bogen at May 12, 2006 at 7:08 pm

    I have one application where I am using mailman
    users confirm on my application that they want to subscribe to the list.
    Then, I subscribe them sending one email to mailman from my application (php).
    The problem is that later I have to go to the mailman admin page and accept them

    can?t it be automatically? I?d like them to be accepted directly

    some years ago, I used Majordomo, I think I could subscribe users
    sending an email with one password, and that was all

    any idea?
    You might try including the Approved: <list admin password> header in
    the subscription request. Alternately, is your PHP application on the
    same server? Can it call the mailman wrappers directly instead of
    doing the (kind of ugly) hack of sending mails?

    Last but not least, PHP *should* be able to access the mailman web
    interface regardless, and post the address to the mass_subscribe page
    of the mailman web interface.

    --
    - Patrick Bogen
  • Patrick Bogen at May 12, 2006 at 8:35 pm