I did step 13 in the installation instructions - Create your first
mailing list. The fourth bullet is

o Check your email for a message from Mailman informing you that
your new mailing list was created.

The web page after I had clicked on "Create List" had this text:

Mailing list creation results
You have successfully created the mailing list mmtestlist1 and
notification has been sent to the list owner bsfinkel at anl.gov.
You can now:
* Visit the list's info page
* Visit the list's admin page
* Create another list

There was no mail from my mailman/postfix system. I see nothing in

/var/log/syslog

from postfix. Yesterday I did step 8 (Create a site-wide mailing list);
the last piece is

You should also subscribe yourself to the site list.

I did that, and there also was no mail from mailman/postfix.
I do see in logs/vette one line for each of my attempts:

May 08 13:43:07 2006 (16295) mailman: held subscription request
from .....

Where do I look to see what the problem might be? Thanks.
Barry S. Finkel
Argonne National Laboratory Phone: +1 (630) 252-7277
9700 South Cass Avenue Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-4601
Building 222, Room D209 Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4828 IBMMAIL: I1004994

Search Discussions

  • Patrick Bogen at May 9, 2006 at 8:01 pm