them SPAM and never delivering them to my subscribers. Is there any way,
short of a return receipt request on the message, to find out where messages
are actually going?

Sally Scheer mailto: winerat at villagecorner.com

Search Discussions

  • Dragon at May 9, 2006 at 6:41 pm
    Sally K. Scheer sent the message below at 10:17 5/9/2006:
    I have an announce-only mailing list I've just moved from majordomo to
    mailman during a change of hosts. I mass subscribed the people who had been
    on our list in majordomo and got a bunch of unsubscribe requests right after
    that. Made me wonder how many people might be just dumping our messages or
    filtering them out or their ISPs (especially AOL and Hotmail) are marking
    them SPAM and never delivering them to my subscribers. Is there any way,
    short of a return receipt request on the message, to find out where messages
    are actually going?

    Nope, there sure isn't.

    And even return receipt isn't foolproof as users can refuse to send
    them. Not that it would be a good or responsible way of determining anything.

    There is really nothing you can do about how users utilize your list.
    Those who want it will try to make sure they get it. Those who don't
    will either unsubscribe or filter it out.

    Dragon

  • Sally K. Scheer at May 10, 2006 at 1:22 pm
    That's what I was afraid of. I just don't want to be annoying to people and
    hoped there might be a way to tell if it was time to remove a name from the
    list (other than bounce counting).
    Sally Scheer

[...]

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython