I publish 5 cartoons a week (M-F) at birdbreath.com. The cartoons are
posted based on the UNIX date, so each cartoon file is named for a
pre-determined date - 20060502.png etc. ,

I would like to send out announcement emails M-F (in cron?) stating
something like "Check out todays cartoon at
http://birdbreath.com/images1/20060502.png" with the dated file name
changing each day.

I am a member of MidPhase and they have Mail Master - according to
them a re-rolled Mailman. They suggested I contact you.

Does Mailman have the capability to do this? If so, where can I find
information on how to do this?

Thanks!

Robert

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 3, 2006 at 4:41 am

    Robert Seymour wrote:
    I would like to send out announcement emails M-F (in cron?) stating
    something like "Check out todays cartoon at
    http://birdbreath.com/images1/20060502.png" with the dated file name
    changing each day.

    I am a member of MidPhase and they have Mail Master - according to
    them a re-rolled Mailman. They suggested I contact you.

    Does Mailman have the capability to do this? If so, where can I find
    information on how to do this?

    No. Mailman does not have the ability on it's own to send periodic
    announcements automatically.

    Why not just use cron in conjunction with a simple shell script to
    create the message and send it to the Mail Master list?

  • Christopher X. Candreva at May 3, 2006 at 5:33 pm