Hi, everyone

My Mailman mailing list doesn't send out the welcome message ANYMORE.

The lists are config as an announcement list and to send out welcome
message to new users. Because I want to make the welcome message for
each of the list, I specified the content in the new-user welcome
message, but remove the content in the subscribeack.txt file.

The users are added into the lists, but no welcome messages send out
to them. When I unsubscribe them, I'm - as the admin - receive the
leaving message (because the lists are config to send the
unsubscribes to the admins)

In OS X Server Admin log, it shows that email was sent out but the
users never receive it!?!

Can anyone shed some light on this problem, please?

Thank you,

Search Discussions

  • Hung Phan at May 3, 2006 at 8:58 pm
    I'm actually use both, same thing happens with either interfaces. The
    server is 10.4.6 and 2.1.5 for Mailman.
    My Mailman mailing list doesn't send out the welcome message ANYMORE.

    The lists are config as an announcement list and to send out welcome
    message to new users. Because I want to make the welcome message for
    each of the list, I specified the content in the new-user welcome
    message, but remove the content in the subscribeack.txt file.

    The users are added into the lists, but no welcome messages send out
    to them. When I unsubscribe them, I'm - as the admin - receive the
    leaving message (because the lists are config to send the
    unsubscribes to the admins)

    In OS X Server Admin log, it shows that email was sent out but the
    users never receive it!?!
    Are you using Apple's GUI for Mailman, or the native Mailman web
    interface?

    Dan

    ====================
    Dan Phillips
    Associate Professor
    Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music
    University of Memphis
    dan at music.memphis.edu
  • Dr. Scott S. Jones at May 3, 2006 at 9:16 pm
    Dear List:

    I sent a message to one of my lists today, and after receipt of the mail, I
    checked the Archives via the GUI. Despite a few hours, after sending and
    receiving, the item still has not shown up in the Archives..nothing shows
    for the month of May.

    What causes an item to be archived and to show up, and how long should it
    normally take to be there?

    Please advise.

    Scott
  • Patrick Bogen at May 3, 2006 at 9:40 pm