Andy wrote:
After installing and running Mailman no Mailman web page is visible (no list
has been created yet, though).
What can be wrong?
You can't run Mailman without at least the site list (mailman).
mailmanctl won't start.

However, this is not your problem as the web interface doesn't require
mailmanctl and the qrunners to be running.

See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node10.html>.
Thanks for your reply. The admin tried everything he could and it still does
not work. He has virtual hosts, and he suspects that perhaps Mailman cannot
work with virtual hosts, only with proper WWW servers.
Can you please confirm?

Andy

Search Discussions

  • Carl Zwanzig at Apr 25, 2006 at 3:46 pm

    In a flurry of recycled electrons, Andy wrote:

    Thanks for your reply. The admin tried everything he could and it still does
    not work. He has virtual hosts, and he suspects that perhaps Mailman cannot
    work with virtual hosts, only with proper WWW servers.
    Can you please confirm?
    What is a "virtual host" v. a "proper WWW server"? I have mailman and
    apache nicely doing lists for a couple of different domains on one apache
    and one mailman instance. [Sorry, I missed the beginning of this thread.]

    I must wonder if this admin isn't to clear on the concepts...

    z!
  • Patrick Bogen at Apr 26, 2006 at 4:50 pm

    In a flurry of recycled electrons, Andy wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. The admin tried everything he could and it still does
    not work. He has virtual hosts, and he suspects that perhaps Mailman cannot
    work with virtual hosts, only with proper WWW servers.
    Can you please confirm?
    There's no reason this should be the case. As long as the virtual
    hosts are set up to support CGI, it should work fine.
    What is a "virtual host" v. a "proper WWW server"? I have mailman and
    apache nicely doing lists for a couple of different domains on one apache
    and one mailman instance. [Sorry, I missed the beginning of this thread.]
    I assume we're talking about Apache virtual hosts, here.

    --
    - Patrick Bogen

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython