Hi Mailman list

I work for af company who recently has started sending out weekly
newsletters for other companys.

Somtimes over 100000 mail. It is only needed to send the mail out. And
the most important is the speed.

Is there another listsoftware there is better for "oneway maling" ???

and how many mails, do you think can be sent per hour, with the ringt
configuration???

--
Med venlig hilsen
Jonas Jacobsen

Lintoo I/S
Buchwaldsgade 50
5000 Odense C

kontor: 46935556
mobil: 61656618

Search Discussions

  • Andre Tann at Apr 6, 2006 at 12:31 pm

    Jonas Jacobsen, Donnerstag, 6. April 2006 13:54:

    Somtimes over 100000 mail. It is only needed to send the mail
    out. And the most important is the speed.
    I don't think that mailman is the bottle neck. It's more the MTA
    with all it's DNS lookups and other time consuming things.

    and how many mails, do you think can be sent per hour, with the
    ringt configuration???
    How fast is your internet link? If it's a modem link, it will take a
    while to send out these 100k mail.

    --
    Andre Tann
  • Carl Zwanzig at Apr 6, 2006 at 4:22 pm

    In a flurry of recycled electrons, Jonas Jacobsen wrote:

    Somtimes over 100000 mail. It is only needed to send the mail out. And
    the most important is the speed.
    Is there another listsoftware there is better for "oneway maling" ???
    Maybe, but mailman does it quite well.
    and how many mails, do you think can be sent per hour, with the ringt
    configuration???
    Largely depends on the MTA and net connection.
    Check the FAQ for "performance", "large lists", and other similar words.

    z!

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 6, '06 at 11:54a