I'm trying to configure a Mailman 2.1.6 installation to have an
open-posting list. That is, mail from nonmembers should be immediately
accepted and forwarded to the list.

In Privacy Options -> Sender Filters, I have generic_nonmember_action set
to Accept. I also have accept_these_nonmembers set to a regexp of "^.*",
and all other _these_nonmembers options are blank.

However, nonmember mail keeps getting sent to the list moderator for
approval. Am I missing a setting to allow open posting?

Thanks,
Wade

Search Discussions

  • Patrick Bogen at Mar 13, 2006 at 5:59 pm

    In Privacy Options -> Sender Filters, I have generic_nonmember_action set
    to Accept. I also have accept_these_nonmembers set to a regexp of "^.*",
    and all other _these_nonmembers options are blank.
    It shouldn't be necessary to have both of those options set; one or
    the other should suffice.
    approval. Am I missing a setting to allow open posting?
    You may want to make sure Emergency Moderate is turned off. I can't
    think of anything else.

    --
    - Patrick Bogen
  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 13, 2006 at 6:01 pm

    H. Wade Minter wrote:
    I'm trying to configure a Mailman 2.1.6 installation to have an
    open-posting list. That is, mail from nonmembers should be immediately
    accepted and forwarded to the list.

    In Privacy Options -> Sender Filters, I have generic_nonmember_action set
    to Accept. I also have accept_these_nonmembers set to a regexp of "^.*",

    Either of the above should do it.

    and all other _these_nonmembers options are blank.

    However, nonmember mail keeps getting sent to the list moderator for
    approval. Am I missing a setting to allow open posting?

    What is the reason the mail is being held? (Every held message has a
    reason visible on the admindb interface and in 'moderation' messages
    sent to the admin and in Mailman's vette log.)

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 13, '06 at 5:13p
activeMar 13, '06 at 6:01p