Hi folks,

I've just recently upgraded my Mailman 2.1.5 setup to include the
ht://DiG integration patches et al., and after getting it going and
sending the test e-mail through all of my lists to get the .conf files
set up etc., I tried a test run of "nightly_htdig" to get things
rolling.

This resulted in "rundig" running, and while "htdig" and "htmerge"
seem to run OK, it's hanging on the "htnotify" stage. "htnotify"
opens the first of the "db.docdb" files (which isn't very large,
since all the lists were just recently set up) for the first of the
lists, and it then proceeds to start doing mmap2()'s (this is on
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 in case it matters, btw) of ever-increasing
sizes (by powers of 2) until it requests a 1 GB (why?!?) mapping,
then it just sits there in "Run" state for good, apparently doing
nothing (there's no more strace output after the 1 GB mmap2() - at
least, not until I eventually kill it off in frustration).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Greg

Search Discussions

  • Greg Earle at Mar 8, 2006 at 12:14 am

[...]

    Sorry for the noise - I've picked up the "Solaris only" (apparently
    not) patch ("htnotifyNull.0") for "htnotify" from

    ftp://ftp.ccsf.org/htdig-patches/3.1.6/htnotifyNull.0

    and rebuilt "htnotify", and now it's happy.

    - Greg

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 7, '06 at 6:30p