Is there any special settings to recieve mail into the list from a newsgroup?
I can get my post to my list to goto a newsgroup but have not seen it come to
the list when I post on the newsgroup.

--
poison at list.memphistw.org

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 4, 2006 at 3:48 am

    Patrick Siglin wrote:
    Is there any special settings to recieve mail into the list from a newsgroup?
    I can get my post to my list to goto a newsgroup but have not seen it come to
    the list when I post on the newsgroup.
    You need to set gateway_to_mail to Yes on the admin->Mail<->News
    gateways page and you need to be sure that cron is running
    cron/gate_news on a regular basis (default every 5 minutes).

    Also, check Mailman's fromusenet log in case there's something reported
    there.

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 4, 2006 at 4:16 am

    Patrick Siglin wrote:
    where do I check for this? /usr/lib/mailman/cron or does this actually go
    into like /etc/cron.daily?
    Assuming /usr/lib/mailman is your installation directory,
    /usr/lib/mailman/cron has the actual scripts and a crontab.in which is
    meant as the default to install.

    Depending on how your Mailman was installed, the actual crontab may be
    mailman's crontab (usually, /var/spool/cron/mailman) which can be
    listed by

    crontab -u mailman -l

    or if your crontab doesn't have a -u option

    su - mailman
    crontab -l

    Or, the crontab may be in a subdirectory of /etc/cron.d in which case
    it has to be listed or edited directly.

    under /usr/lib/mailman/cron
    there is an entry in crontab.in that shows gate_news for every 5 mins. I know
    messages are getting out but I have yet to see something come in from a
    newsgroup to the list.

    As I said above, this is just the default to install. The one in this
    directory is not actually used.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 4, '06 at 2:30a
activeMar 4, '06 at 4:16a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 2 posts Patrick Siglin: 1 post