--
Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc
mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
602 524-0376
480 945-9197 fax

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Feb 13, 2006 at 3:07 am

    Mark Phillips wrote:
    My questions pertain to the performance of the list. Should I un-subscribe
    these bounced email addresses? Does leaving them marked as "nomail" impact
    the performance of my list? What is the accepted practice for bounced email
    addresses?

    Set whatever you want on your list's bounce processing options page.
    What is going on in your case is your bouncing addresses that are
    disabled due to bounce have a grace period during which they may log
    on to their options page and reenable delivery.

    When the user was first disabled, she was sent the first of
    bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings warning notices. These will be sent
    at intervals of bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval days. That
    many days after the last warning, if the member is still disabled due
    to bounce, she will be removed from the list.

    You don't need to manually remove bouncing members. Just set your
    bounce parameters the way you want them.

    Having members disabled due to bounce and still on the list has almost
    no impact on performance. The impact is just the size of the member
    list, and the largest part of the impact is probably loading and
    saving the list. If you're concerned that this might be significant,
    just set bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings to zero, and the member will
    be removed as soon as his bounce score reaches bounce_score_threshold.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedFeb 13, '06 at 2:08a
activeFeb 13, '06 at 3:07a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Phillips: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post