I would like to be able to auto discard messages from non-members and
generate a more descriptive message to list owners or senders. Currently
the subject is:

Auto-discard notification

and the message is:

I searched the archives and found some mention of a patch from 2003 that
allows a modification and I am wondering if anyone has other ideas about
how to do this. The message is somewhat misleading to novices. I would
allow notifications to the list owners when a message is auto-discarded,
but they tend to get confused as to what actually happened.

One other option would be to select 'Reject' and add a rejection notice,
but I would like as little communication with non-members as possible,
as many are spammers. However, the list owner should know when a message
is discarded and why.

Any suggestions would be helpful

--

Christopher Adams

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 20, 2006 at 1:02 am

    Christopher Adams wrote:
    I would like to be able to auto discard messages from non-members and
    generate a more descriptive message to list owners or senders. <snip>
    I searched the archives and found some mention of a patch from 2003 that
    allows a modification and I am wondering if anyone has other ideas about
    how to do this.
    Upgrade to Mailman 2.1.7 which allows you to configure this message per
    list.

    Also note, if you do upgrade, see
    <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?funcÞtail&aid05790&group_id3&atid00103>

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 19, '06 at 8:08p
activeJan 20, '06 at 1:02a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Christopher Adams: 1 post