I've recently become aware that a number of GNU bug and help mailing
lists have gotten bogged down because of the continuous work needed in
modereration. However there is reason to believe that this is problem
is not just related to either GNU or bug and help mailing lists.

If folks have solutions, thoughts or ideas or on this matter, I'd like
to hear them.

In general I think what is needed is a way to reduce the moderation
effort or make such lists more self-sufficient or "self moderating" to
weed out spam.

Some of this has already been discussed a little on the
mailman-developer list. I guess the main thread on this starts here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?funcÞtail&aid94592&group_id3&atid50103

(Note: some of the thread above strays a little from the above
topic)

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Jan 2, 2006 at 6:19 am