For some reason, users who have bounced mails back, end up getting the
probe email later - and it includes attachments with all the other
bounced probe emails, which includes other user's passwords to the list.

I haven't been able to track down the cause, nor have I found references
to anyone else having this problem. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 4, 2006 at 2:48 am

    mailbag wrote:
    For some reason, users who have bounced mails back, end up getting the
    probe email later - and it includes attachments with all the other
    bounced probe emails, which includes other user's passwords to the list.

    I haven't been able to track down the cause, nor have I found references
    to anyone else having this problem. Any suggestions would be
    appreciated.

    This is related to the MTA's handling of bounces. Because of this
    potential password leak, as of 2.1.7, probe messages no longer include
    passwords.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 26, '05 at 10:13p