I have some people who's email editor of choice seems to disrupt the
thread.. My first question is, Is the thread kept categorized by the subject
line? And if so, how do I strip the RE: from the subject before it gets
sent back up to others and before it makes it to the Archive.

John

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 13, 2005 at 8:13 pm

    John Ford wrote:
    I have some people who's email editor of choice seems to disrupt the
    thread.. My first question is, Is the thread kept categorized by the subject
    line?

    No. Threading in the archive is based on In-Reply-To: and/or

    And if so, how do I strip the RE: from the subject before it gets
    sent back up to others and before it makes it to the Archive.

    If you want to strip Re:, Fwd:, etc from subjects which will affect the
    archive index by subject, but not by thread, you'll need to hack the
    code, and the place to do it is Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 13, '05 at 7:09p
activeDec 13, '05 at 8:13p