I've got an odd problem, which I haven't found duplicated in the archives.
A former subscriber to a mailing list unsubbed, but is still getting the
monthly membership reminder notices. I've checked to make sure he is, in
fact, removed from the list membership (he is). He isn't getting the list
messages, just the monthly membership reminders.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, or know what might be causing
it? We're running version 2.1.5 on a Linux box (i686
kernel ver. 2.4.21-27.0.4.EL).

-Bertha
--
No, nurse! I said remove his SPECTACLES!

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 4, 2005 at 8:36 pm

    Bertha wrote:
    I've got an odd problem, which I haven't found duplicated in the archives.
    A former subscriber to a mailing list unsubbed, but is still getting the
    monthly membership reminder notices. I've checked to make sure he is, in
    fact, removed from the list membership (he is). He isn't getting the list
    messages, just the monthly membership reminders.
    Get a copy of the actual reminder notice which will say something like

    Passwords for user at example.com:

    List Password // URL
    ---- --------
    list_name at other.example.com xxxxxxxx
    http://www.other.example.com/mailman/options/list_name/user%40example.com

    And verify that user at example.com is not a member of
    list_name at other.example.com.

    If you don't see user at example.com in the membership list, check for
    possible similar garbled variants with something like

    bin/list_members | grep 'likely pattern'

    where 'likely pattern is things like 'user' or 'example.com'.

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 4, 2005 at 8:40 pm

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    Get a copy of the actual reminder notice which will say something like

    Passwords for user at example.com:

    List Password // URL
    ---- --------
    list_name at other.example.com xxxxxxxx
    http://www.other.example.com/mailman/options/list_name/user%40example.com

    And verify that user at example.com is not a member of
    list_name at other.example.com.

    If you don't see user at example.com in the membership list, check for
    possible similar garbled variants with something like

    bin/list_members | grep 'likely pattern'

    where 'likely pattern is things like 'user' or 'example.com'.

    You can also use bin/find_member to see if a user is a member of any of
    your lists.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 4, '05 at 5:02p