On some mailman lists there is a "total archive" that can be downloaded,
not just the montly files. How do I get that on my list?

/Par

--
Par Leijonhufvud par at hunter-gatherer.org
Some people are like slinkeys. No socially redeeming qualities, but they
bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 28, 2005 at 3:46 pm

    Par Leijonhufvud wrote:
    On some mailman lists there is a "total archive" that can be downloaded,
    not just the montly files. How do I get that on my list?

    PUBLIC_MBOX = Yes

    In mm_cfg.py will make the link appear on index pages and will cause a
    symlink to the private .mbox to be created in the public directory the
    next time the list/archive is updated.

    With or without the hyperlink and/or symlink, you can always access the
    cumulative mailbox via a URL like
    <http://www.example.com/mailman/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox>,
    but this requires authorization as a list member or admin even if the
    archive is public, and may require reentry of the URL after
    authorization (bug 1080943).

  • Par Leijonhufvud at Nov 29, 2005 at 3:49 am

    On some mailman lists there is a "total archive" that can be downloaded,
    not just the montly files. How do I get that on my list?

    PUBLIC_MBOX = Yes

    In mm_cfg.py will make the link appear on index pages and will cause a
    symlink to the private .mbox to be created in the public directory the
    next time the list/archive is updated.
    What if the archives are private?

    /Par

    Par Leijonhufvud par at hunter-gatherer.org
    It's not global warming and even if it was it doesn't mean human activity
    has anything to do with it and why do you hate America so much? You make
    Baby Jesus cry. -- Adam Thornton

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 28, '05 at 9:50a
activeNov 29, '05 at 3:49a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Par Leijonhufvud: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 1 post