We run a annoucment service mailing list for a university society, and are
looking for a solution to the problem of posters not proof readings emails
before posting. (usually missing out important details!)

A simply step would be to get the poster to have to confirm his post once
they had submitted it.

Is there any ay of doing this in mailman?

--Coops.

Search Discussions

  • George A. Theall at Nov 18, 2005 at 5:45 pm

    We run a annoucment service mailing list for a university society, and are
    looking for a solution to the problem of posters not proof readings emails
    before posting. (usually missing out important details!)

    A simply step would be to get the poster to have to confirm his post once
    they had submitted it.

    Is there any ay of doing this in mailman?
    I think you have two choices really: Appoint one person as moderator of
    the list and have that person proof contributions. Or see whether
    posters eventually can learn from their mistakes and correct their own
    behaviour. Personally, I'd go with the first one. :-(

    George
    theall at tifaware.com