I've searched the archives of this list and not found what I'm looking
for. I apologize if this has been asked before.

Has anyone ever successfully used characters (such as the inverted
question mark, c with cedilla, n with tilde) in an email list header?
We've tried a number of different things, including using an = sign
followed by the hex value of the character, and setting through the
command line, but so far, nothing has worked.

We would appreciate any suggestions!

Stymied,
Lisa B.

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Nov 15, 2005 at 10:34 pm

    Has anyone ever successfully used characters (such as the inverted
    question mark, c with cedilla, n with tilde) in an email list header?
    You mean in messages being submitted to the list, or messages
    generated by the system itself?
    We've tried a number of different things, including using an = sign
    followed by the hex value of the character, and setting through the
    command line, but so far, nothing has worked.
    If you're talking about messages being sent by users to the list,
    that's entirely up to their MUA.

    For the rest, you'll need to be editing a template file and using
    an 8-bit clean editor.

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 16, 2005 at 5:51 am

    Lisa Bronson wrote:
    Has anyone ever successfully used characters (such as the inverted
    question mark, c with cedilla, n with tilde) in an email list header?
    We've tried a number of different things, including using an = sign
    followed by the hex value of the character, and setting through the
    command line, but so far, nothing has worked.
    Are you talking about putting these characters into things like
    msg_header and digest_header? If so, what is the list language and
    what is the character set of the list language (from the table at the
    end of Defaults.py) and have you tried entering them directly in that
    character set (i.e. just the character itself)?

  • Lisa Bronson at Nov 18, 2005 at 1:57 pm
    The template file worked perfectly. Thanks, Brad!

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 15, '05 at 1:00p
activeNov 18, '05 at 1:57p