Has anyone identified this problem yet. There are a lot of reports in
the archives, but I could not find any useful pointers on where to
look for a solution.

Mailman seems to be functioning perfectly. But in the delivery
failures log the same error keeps repeating.

Mailman receives mail but when attempting to send it it fails. It has
worked for months, but this has occurred after updating Mac OSX
server to 10.4.2.

MTA is, of course, Postfix.

Is this a DNS error? Some kind of host name misconfiguration?
mm_config.py seems to have the right hostname. Postfix is set to
relay for local host, the privite IP of the subnet, as well as the
public address of the machine. It is inside a Nat Firewall so the
machine has an IP in the 192.168.x.x range. I have no other problems
with SMTP either in or out.

This one is scratching my brain!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry

Search Discussions

  • Dan Phillips at Nov 8, 2005 at 1:21 am

    Has anyone identified this problem yet. There are a lot of reports in
    the archives, but I could not find any useful pointers on where to
    look for a solution.

    Mailman seems to be functioning perfectly. But in the delivery
    failures log the same error keeps repeating.

    Mailman receives mail but when attempting to send it it fails. It has
    worked for months, but this has occurred after updating Mac OSX
    server to 10.4.2.

    MTA is, of course, Postfix.

    Is this a DNS error? Some kind of host name misconfiguration?
    mm_config.py seems to have the right hostname. Postfix is set to
    relay for local host, the privite IP of the subnet, as well as the
    public address of the machine. It is inside a Nat Firewall so the
    machine has an IP in the 192.168.x.x range. I have no other problems
    with SMTP either in or out.

    I suspected this the first time you posted, but IIRC, you didn't
    specify OS.

    This is an OS X Server host name issue. See http://
    discussions.apple.com/webx?13 at 600.R6fPaSKtUXV.1@.68b4c806/2

    Dan

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 8, '05 at 1:13a
activeNov 8, '05 at 1:21a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Terry Robbins: 1 post Dan Phillips: 1 post