Hello All,

My lists members got "mailing list memberships reminder" twice, i.e. they get the same reminder in two separate e-mails.

How can I solve this problem?

Best Regards,

Leon Kolchinsky

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 2, 2005 at 4:26 am
    wrote:
    My lists members got "mailing list memberships reminder" twice, i.e. they get the same reminder in two separate e-mails.

    How can I solve this problem?
    Is there more than one "mailpasswds" entry in mailman's crontab or
    perhaps crontabs installed for mailman in two different ways, e.g.
    /var/spool/cron/mailman and /etc/cron.d/mailman?

    Whatever the reason, it appears that cron/mailpasswds was run twice.
    Either that or maybe you have a "backup" list on another server that
    also mailed passwords.

  • Lkolchin at Nov 2, 2005 at 8:50 am
    Thanks Mark,

    You are right!

    It appears that rpm installation on SuSE installs automatically cron job for me.
    # rpm -ql mailman-2.1.4-83.13 | grep /etc/init.d/mailman
    /etc/init.d/mailman

    There is another cron job I did myself, sitting at:
    /var/spool/cron/tabs/mailman

    I'll just remove this one.

    Best Regards,
    Leon Kolchinsky

    My lists members got "mailing list memberships reminder" twice, i.e. they get the same reminder in two separate e-mails.

    How can I solve this problem?
    Is there more than one "mailpasswds" entry in mailman's crontab or perhaps crontabs installed for mailman in two different ways, e.g.
    /var/spool/cron/mailman and /etc/cron.d/mailman?

    Whatever the reason, it appears that cron/mailpasswds was run twice.
    Either that or maybe you have a "backup" list on another server that also mailed passwords.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 1, '05 at 11:02a
activeNov 2, '05 at 8:50a