-----Alkuper?inen viesti-----
L?hett?j?: Brad Knowles [mailto:brad at stop.mail-abuse.org]
L?hetetty: 25. lokakuuta 2005 11:45
Vastaanottaja: Niemi Hannu
Kopio: mailman-users at python.org
Aihe: Re: [Mailman-Users] List specific gids?
At 11:27 AM +0300 2005-10-25, Niemi Hannu wrote:

The problem is that I have some lists that require
mail-gid XXXX and
others YYYY.
This makes it imposssible scheme to everyday operation, of course
(changing it in mailman.mail-gid file).

Now, is it list-wise defined somewhere?
Nope. I don't think that this is something that can be
easily resolved.

The problem is that there is only one set of Mailman
processes which is handling all the various different lists,
so everything has to be uniform when it comes to things like
group ids.

You might be able to install multiple instances of
Mailman, each operating on a different virtual domain, but
that's going to get messy to configure in your web server,
your mail server, your startup scripts, etc....

It should be do-able, but it's not going to be easy.
Maybe I expressed myself wrong. I just would ike to harmonize all the lists to same gid. I just wonder WHERE is the gid per list stored or how to make sure it's same as "the default".

regards

hannu niemi

Search Discussions

  • Brad Knowles at Oct 25, 2005 at 9:26 am