Does mailman, as it's sending out list mail, check to see whether someone
it's about to send a copy to is also mentioned in the cc: field, and then
not send it to avoid duplicates? I run a small mailman installation on a
home server, and just received only one copy of a message that was sent
both to a list I'm on and cc'd to me. Looking through the MTA's logs, I
see the message going out to each of the recipients except me.

If this is really the way it works, that's cool...

--
Steve Burling <mailto:srb at umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR Voice: +1 734 615.3779

Search Discussions

  • Bernd Petrovitsch at Oct 23, 2005 at 9:51 pm

    Does mailman, as it's sending out list mail, check to see whether someone
    it's about to send a copy to is also mentioned in the cc: field, and then
    not send it to avoid duplicates? I run a small mailman installation on a
    home server, and just received only one copy of a message that was sent
    both to a list I'm on and cc'd to me. Looking through the MTA's logs, I
    see the message going out to each of the recipients except me.

    If this is really the way it works, that's cool...
    The receiver can actually select on the options page if he/she wants to
    gets duplicates or not.

    Bernd
    --
    Firmix Software GmbH http://www.firmix.at/
    mobil: +43 664 4416156 fax: +43 1 7890849-55

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 23, '05 at 9:41p
activeOct 23, '05 at 9:51p