Hello,

yesterday I upgraded mailman to 2.1.5 version and noticed that
attachment no more were scrubbed (in non-digest emails) although in
previous version they were scrubbed. Is the a bug or where should I
'switch on' that attachments were srubbed automaticaly (i.e. attachment
would be in some place and message contain link to it)?

By,
Saulius

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 21, 2005 at 4:39 pm

    Saulius wrote:
    yesterday I upgraded mailman to 2.1.5 version and noticed that
    attachment no more were scrubbed (in non-digest emails) although in
    previous version they were scrubbed. Is the a bug or where should I
    'switch on' that attachments were srubbed automaticaly (i.e. attachment
    would be in some place and message contain link to it)?

    In Mailman 2.1.6, there is an option to scrub attachments from
    individual messages (non-digest emails). Prior to that, attachments
    were only scrubbed from archives and plain text format digests. Are
    you sure you didn't downgrade to 2.1.5?

  • Saulius at Oct 21, 2005 at 8:12 pm
    Hello,
    In Mailman 2.1.6, there is an option to scrub attachments from
    individual messages (non-digest emails). Prior to that, attachments
    were only scrubbed from archives and plain text format digests. Are
    you sure you didn't downgrade to 2.1.5?
    No. Previous version was 2.1.4. And new version (2.1.5) I installed via deb
    (Debian package). In 2.1.4 attachments were scrubbed in simple non-digest
    format (there was one bug with encoding). But after I upgraded it to 2.1.5,
    attachments were not scrubbed any more (but scrubber still works in archives).
    Hm, is there any posibility to turn it on (maybe in code) - until there
    will be
    2.1.6 in Debian packages.

    Bye,
    Saulius

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 21, 2005 at 9:18 pm

    saulius at azuolas.org wrote:
    No. Previous version was 2.1.4. And new version (2.1.5) I installed via deb
    (Debian package). In 2.1.4 attachments were scrubbed in simple non-digest
    format (there was one bug with encoding).

    Just to be sure I understand, you are saying that attachments were
    scrubbed (stored elsewhere and replaced with a link) from individual
    messages sent to non-digest subscribers. If this was the case in your
    2.1.4, you must have had a local patch to do it which was 'removed'
    when you upgraded to 2.1.5.

    But after I upgraded it to 2.1.5,
    attachments were not scrubbed any more (but scrubber still works in archives).
    Hm, is there any posibility to turn it on (maybe in code) - until there
    will be
    2.1.6 in Debian packages.

    If you want to scrub attachments from everything in 2.1.5, it may be as
    simple as adding 'Scrubber' to GLOBAL_PIPELINE.

    You could try copying the definition of GLOBAL_PIPELINE from
    Defaults.py into mm_cfg.py and then add "'Scrubber'," following
    "'MimeDel',". or you could add the following to mm_cfg.py which will
    add 'Scrubber' if it isn't already there:

    if not GLOBAL_PIPELINE.count('Scrubber'):
    GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(GLOBAL_PIPELINE.index('MimeDel') + 1,
    'Scrubber')

  • Saulius at Oct 24, 2005 at 6:05 am
    Hello,
    messages sent to non-digest subscribers. If this was the case in your
    2.1.4, you must have had a local patch to do it which was 'removed'
    when you upgraded to 2.1.5.
    Hm, I don't remember exactly the version of mailman but it really worked
    'out of box'.
    if not GLOBAL_PIPELINE.count('Scrubber'):
    GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(GLOBAL_PIPELINE.index('MimeDel') + 1,
    'Scrubber')
    Thanks. I put it into mm_cfg.py and everything works agains: attachments
    are scrubbed from non-digest mails.

    Bye,
    Saylius

groupmailman-users @