each one. I did not see anything is mailmans logs to know
why this failed.

Has anyone seen this and know a resolution?:

mailman-bounces at list.odu.edu
08/23/2005 03:19
listxxxx-owner at list.odu.edu
PM

Subject
Uncaught bounce notification

The attached message was received as a bounce, but either the bounce
format was not recognized, or no member addresses could be extracted
from it. This mailing list has been configured to send all
unrecognized bounce messages to the list administrator(s).

For more information see: http://list.odu.edu/admin/listxxxx/bounce

Our user needs to get these out TODAY! So any help is appreciated.

Darren
Old Dominion University

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 25, 2005 at 12:00 am

    Darren G Pifer wrote:
    Yesterday, one of our list admins sent mail to a bunch
    of his list serves, however, he got the same message from

    mailman-bounces at list.odu.edu
    08/23/2005 03:19
    listxxxx-owner at list.odu.edu
    PM

    Subject
    Uncaught bounce notification

    The attached message was received as a bounce, but either the bounce
    format was not recognized, or no member addresses could be extracted
    from it. This mailing list has been configured to send all
    unrecognized bounce messages to the list administrator(s).

    For more information see: http://list.odu.edu/admin/listxxxx/bounce

    Our user needs to get these out TODAY! So any help is appreciated.
    Most likely, the posts did go out when sent. Check Mailman's 'post' log
    and maybe 'smtp' and 'smtp-failure' too.

    The unrecognized bounce message means a message was received back at
    the listname-bounces address which was not a recognizable delivery
    status notification (DSN). This could happen because a subscribers
    mail was undeliverable and that subscribers mail server sends back a
    DSN in an unknown format. It can also be totally unrelated to the
    post, or it can be a subscriber who received the post sending a reply
    to the listname-bounces address.

    The way to tell is to look at the actual message which was received at
    the listname-bounces address and which was attached to the message you
    quote above.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 24, '05 at 6:07p
activeAug 25, '05 at 12:00a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Darren G Pifer: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post